Yugo 24/47 Mauser for a 15 year old boy?

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
FastRope71

Re: Yugo 24/47 Mauser for a 15 year old boy?

Post by FastRope71 »

Yugo 24/47 Mauser for a 15 year old boy?
At first glance I was interested, but I have enough kids already. Thanks for the offer though. :D

CC might want one so he can get his yard work done more often.
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Nah, your kids do a fine job.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Well, picked up the Savage/Stevens 308 a couple of days ago. My oldest son was very excited when I showed it to him. We will probably take it out shooting tomorrow when he is off for Easter break.

It is a very nice little rifle; built on the Savage short action and came with a pretty decent Buschnelle 3X9X40. Will see how it shoots soon.

The younger son was pretty happy too, because now he has what was the older son's Mossberg 243, so it is win/win as far as that goes.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Vonz90 wrote:Well, picked up the Savage/Stevens 308 a couple of days ago. My oldest son was very excited when I showed it to him. ...
The younger son was pretty happy too.
Excellent. Well wear, and happy shooting to them both!
Fill

Post by Fill »

CombatController wrote:Nah, your kids do a fine job.

that was a pretty awesome burn.
FastRope71

Post by FastRope71 »

Fill wrote:
CombatController wrote:Nah, your kids do a fine job.

that was a pretty awesome burn.
:roll:
Actually he was being honest. My kids do yard work for him from time to time. That's why I mentioned that he might want it done more often. We only get over there a few times per year.
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Fill

Post by Fill »

FastRope71 wrote: :roll:
Actually he was being honest. My kids do yard work for him from time to time. That's why I mentioned that he might want it done more often. We only get over there a few times per year.
that makes sense.

but it's funnier when I read it like he's calling you a race-traitor.
:mrgreen:
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

ROTFLMAO

They are the best kids any parent could wish for. Polite, well behaved, smart, very hard working, show initiative and common sense. They did literally 10x the work I expected and would have been satisfied with. They worked like 6 hours and afterward I found out they misunderstood me and thought they would all split $20. Yet they worked their asses off. They were pleasantly surprised when I handed out the much deserved $20 to each of them.

BTW Fast Rope, Spring has sprung, I need them back!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Fill

Post by Fill »

CombatController wrote:ROTFLMAO

They are the best kids any parent could wish for. Polite, well behaved, smart, very hard working, show initiative and common sense. ...
Either they take strongly after their mother... or possibly they're adopted?

Sounds like the kind of kids I could lease for my yard projects this spring. Can they hitchhike to Portland?
Denis

Post by Denis »

Fill wrote:Sounds like the kind of kids I could lease for my yard projects this spring. Can they hitchhike to Portland?
Great minds...

FR, could you mail them?